Homemade Apple Pie

8:47 AM Edit This 7 Comments »
We planted a Gala Apple tree in our back yard shortly after we moved in; And this year we got about 8 apples from it. It was so fun to have our own fresh apples. They tasted good too. So, on Sunday I decided to make a homemade apple pie. It was so pretty and so yummy!!! I'm sad I don't have more apples to do more with, but I will next year. :)
Here is a picture of Kelman since I left him off my last post. And me with my apple pie. Oh yeah...and don't laugh at my Sunday Moomoo. It used to be my Grandma's.



7 comments:

Krystal said...

mmm..that looks so yummy. we just planted an apple tree in our yard about a month ago. i cant wait for apples!

Pyatt said...

Okay I have always wanted to make a homemade apple pie but the crust is what scares me...do you have a good recipe? Yours looks so yummy!! Dave gave me a lemon tree for our anniversary and I can't wait until we start getting some lemons off of it!!

Michelle said...

I am totally impressed by your crust! It is SO pretty. Mine are always ugly...so I now always do a crumb topping :)

mastubz said...

Emily got all her pie making skills from her mother ;)
I got those skills from my mother -the giver of the muumuu. I must say the pie was pretty yummy. The muumuu on the other hand - well it just ain't right to see your daughter wearing your mother's old muumuu.

meg.. said...

Very nice looking pie. We have lots of apples, but you'd have to search to find any worth eating. We did get enough peaches this year though to make a yummy peach crisp.

J and C said...

ymm, I made a bluebeerry tart today (but not from my garden, just extras from the market that I needed to do something with). Yes, send me the resipe for the crust!

Debbie said...

Yeah, Emily! How fun! And I LOVE Apple pie! My one and only homemade I made for your Mom and Dad when they came out one January. I keep saying I need to do it again...fall weather will convince me! :) Meanwhile, I need to get me a Sunday moomoo! Too cozy! Did Kelman get a haircut?