Gianna Rae Lyon

4:27 PM Edit This 15 Comments »
I don't have the stomach to write about the whole heart wrenching process right now, but I wanted to share some pictures and a brief rundown of our last moments with our sweet baby girl. Gianna Rae Lyon was born May 29th at 5:46pm. She was 2 lbs 7oz and 14 inches long. Gianna was only 30 weeks gestation when she was born. I was at the hospital for a routine Non Stress Test to make sure everything was going okay and Gianna's heartrate indicated that she might have been struggling. After further monitoring, her heart rate began to get worse and the doctors decided to do an emergency c-section. My parents were able to make it in time and be in the room with me, but Aaron arrived about 10 minutes after our baby girl was born. She had many problems and we had to make a very difficult decision saturday May 31st. We decided to take Gianna off of all the machines. I couldn't bear standing there watching my baby girl look so weak and hear all of the machines constantly beeping, indicating something was wrong. We finally got to just hold our little butterfly and she passed in my arms after about an hour. We enjoyed our time with her and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. She is so precious to us and we cherish her presence in our lives. Our lives and testimonies will forever be altered for good because of this little angel. I didn't get to share Gianna with many people because she didn't live very long so I'd like to share a few pictures with all of you.









15 comments:

The Great Hunt Family said...

Oh dear Emily,

You are so very strong, and I am so grateful for your strength during such a time. Your family is in our prayers, thank you so very much for sharing pictures of your little angel... With love, Brandi Hunt

Anonymous said...

she is so beautiful!!! I love you guys!

Krystal said...

what a wonderful blessing and a beautiful baby gianna is. you are so strong and your precious family is in our prayers. we love you.

The Porter's Blog said...

Emily and Aaron,

I think of you often and I enjoy reading your blog. I am so sorry for your loss. Gianna is so lucky that she was able to come to Earth and get a body and have such a wonderful family to be sealed to. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Love, Jamie Porter

Celestia said...

Emily, thank you for sharing Gianna with us. She is so beautiful. I know she feels so blessed to be sealed to you forever. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

J and C said...

she is beautiful and we love you! wish we could have been there to help in some way. you are in our prayers and we are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Karin Hopkins said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news....you will be in our prayers! I am glad you shared her with us. What a beautiful little angel.

Fay Call said...

Oh Emily, I'm so sorry. You've been in my thoughts and prayers constantly since I found out. I love you, you have a beautiful family. Keep your chin up and know that Heavenly Father loves you so much.

Kandis Smith said...

she's so beautiful Emily. I know you are going to miss her so much. You are such an example to me. I love you guys!

Garbett Family said...

Gianna is such a beautiful little girl. I sent my mom your blog, and she says Gianna looks like you because you both have cute little pointed chins. :) You know how much we love you!

Pyatt said...

Oh Emily,

She is beautiful. I'm so happy to were able to hold her and feel of her little spirit. What an example of faith you have to us all!! We love you and continue to pray for you and your family!

lauralquinton said...

Emily~~
I am so sorry for your loss. I had no idea this had happened until I saw your facebook stuff. I am so, so sorry. She is a beautiful little girl and you can see the love you have for her in your faces. What a sweet and valiant child of God she is.

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Both my mom and I love the name Gianna. We are so grateful to have witnessed the beautiful ceremony at the cemetary. Our prayers are with you at this time and we hope you are doing well.

Love, Tressie and Roxane Atkinson

Trisha said...

I don't know if you remember me, but I'm so sorry for your loss. Gianna is just beautiful and although short what a blessing to have had her, your miracle for the time you did.
We will keep you in our prayers.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.