Huntington Beach and Disneyland

12:49 PM Edit This 10 Comments »
We just got back from a three day trip to Disneyland and the beach! We took a long weekend and went with Aaron's parents. We were very fortunate to get some free tickets to park hop between California Adventure and Disneyland for two days. We had a great time and got to do some things we've never done before. It was especially neat because Kelman is tall enough to go on some of the bigger rides with us, like Soarin' Over California (a great, non scary ride). Both parks had a new ride we'd never been on; Finding Nemo, and Toy Story Mania (I think our favorite ride). Unfortunately we didn't get to see very many characters this time, but I think the kids were relieved to have less photo opps. I absolutely loved watching the kids in the Bug's life 3d show. Brechin started crying in the middle because it was kinda scary, so I took his glasses off for him to show him it wasn't real. He grabbed them from me and put them back on as he continued to cry. I think he was curious to see what happened next. Saturday was the day we went to the beach, and we had never been as a family. The kids were hesitant at the idea of a beach instead of Disneyland, but they ended up loving it, especially Kelman. Brechin didn't care for the cold moving water so much, so I just stayed on the sand and helped his Grandpa build a sand castle. It was so nice to have a vacation and to let Kelman unwind a little because he's been kind of uptight and anxious lately. He was pretty carefree at the beach, and it was a nice change! Oh yeah...and I can't forget to tell you about our little drive to the beach. We were driving down the freeway around Santa Monica and saw a cute little convertible old style car about like this one, but green.

I made a comment to everyone as we came up behind it, saying...I'll bet it's someone famous. Low and behold...we caught up to it, and it was Jay Leno, cruising along with the top down. He was driving at a comfortable pace and I tried to get Aaron to slow down to take a picture, but he wouldn't do it. =( Kinda funny though!

The beach was absolutely beautiful and not too crowded at all.


Kelman striking a pose in the water


Aaron and Brechin on The Buzz Light Year Astro Blasters




Kelman and I on the Jumpin' Jellyfish


On the Mark Twain boat




Carter and Tigger




The Pixar parade at California Adventure

10 comments:

Trisha said...

How fun is that!!! Can you believe I'm almost 30 and have never been to Disneyland??? We need to just make the trip and visit Jarom's cousin who lives in Huntington Beach. I am very jealous. :o)

Jared and Debbie said...

Oh I am so jealous! I finally gave up on the beach this morning as it is half way through September, even here the weather is turning cooler and there are many other things we need to do with the million dollars it would cost us in gas money! :) I even made it official and autumned my blog. :) My favorite picture is of you and Kel in the water (which on the east coast is nice and warm :). I'm glad you guys could get away from it all for a few days (complete with a celebrity siting!!--How funny!! :), there is nothing like the beach to relax the soul!

mastubz said...

Glad Kelmo had a chance to unwind. Nothing like a trip to Disneyland to put the world in the proper perspective! I am thinking a few days on a sunny beach sounds too inviting. Just sun, sand and surf . . . mmmmmmmm!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Em--you look lovely by the way!

Kirsten said...

How fun! I cant wait till Vanessa is old enough to go!

J and C said...

fun stuff! Glad you had a little vacation and nice that your in-laws could come along and help.....looks like fun!

mastubz said...

Ha! I ain't sayin nuffin more.

meg.. said...

Fun. My kids are all jealous.

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Poker Cards said...

It is simply matchless theme :)